Before Spray Tanning
Preparation is Paramount!!
* You must have a fresh clean canvas for Leslie to perform her magic!
1. Any exercising should be done prior to spray tanning, sweating can cause the solution to streak
2. Waxing or shaving should be done 24 hours in advance so your pores close.
3. Be sure to Exfoliate your skin thoroughly. It is best to get off as much dead and dry skin as possible for optimal results
4. Ensure your skin is FREE from ANY product, such as: make-up, deodorants, perfumes, oils, or moisturizers. These products can create a barrier preventing the DHA to develop properly.
5. Before application, apply barrier cream to knees, ankles, elbows, palms, and nails. These areas tend to get darker then the rest of your body
6. Wear a shower cap, lip balm, and nose plugs to stop DHA from affecting these areas
7. Try to leave spray tan solution on at least 8-12 hours. For maximum results, 24 hours is ideal. The longer the the solution stays on the skin the darker your tan will be and longer it will last.
After Spray Tan
* Do NOT Panic when you see the color washing off, that is just the cosmetic bronzer.
* You will have 4 days of sexy with your tan and after 5-7 days color will begin to fade
* I recommend One spray a week to stay looking Beautifully Bronzed
* Our products do not contain a sunscreen and will not protect against sunburn.
* Every skin type is different. The color you will achieve is a combination of your natural skin tone along with the reaction of the DHA.
1. Wear dark loose clothing. Your skin will need time to dry and process. Do not wear tight clothing, this will cause smearing.
2. If you are showering before 24 hours, i recommend just a warm water rinse. Soaps and shampoos can cause your tan to reverse.
3. After your first rinse, the cosmetic bronzer will wash off and your skin will be left with your natural looking spray tan
4. On hot days it is recommend you bring a towel for the seat of your car to prevent any bronzers from rubbing onto your car seats in high temperatures.
5. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize. This is the most important tip in getting the most of your spray tan. Dry skin doesn’t hold a tan as well as moisturized skin does. Dry skin also causes skin to become dead and shed off, moisturizing will help to keep your tan alive and fade evenly.
6. Drink a lot of water! This helps to keep your skin hydrated.
7. Do not scrub or exfoliate the first couple days after your spray tan. This will affect the life of your tan. Exfoliating is recommended before your spray tan.
8. No swimming or showering for at least 8 hours after your tanning session. Wait 24 hours for optimal results.
9. When showering do NOT use products that contain sulphates as they can break down your body’s natural oils and strip your tan.
10. When doing rapid tan, clients can rinse 1 hour after for a light bronze tone, 2 hours for a medium tone, and 3-4 hours for a dark tone. Warm water rinse only. (Color will continue to develop over the next 24 hours)